NetX is continually improving our software through new version releases, and we refine our internal product roadmap using a variety of input, including:
- NetX Ideas Portal — customers can submit ideas for features and functions they would like to see in the NetX product; they can also help us prioritize these ideas by voting.
- Customer Support — our support team provides clear insights into the issues that are challenging for customers, and which are generating the most calls to support.
- Customer Interviews — before embarking on a major new feature, NetX typically performs interviews with customers to help gather use cases and define product requirements.
- Beta Previews — NetX will occasionally demo beta versions of new features to customers in order to validate their usability.
- Industry Trends — NetX is vigilant, ensuring we stay ahead of the curve in terms of industry trends.
- Product Strategy — our long-term strategic vision for the product.
We have a strong track record of providing regular releases over the last 20 years. Each of these releases contains a variety of improvements, including bug fixes and new features. We strive to release new versions weekly, with patch releases on an as-needed basis.
NetX does not publish our roadmap publicly. We don’t provide definitive dates for future releases, nor can we promise that specific features and functions will be included in a particular release. Please appreciate that while we may plan a feature for a release, many factors affect its final inclusion in an officially released new version. The scope of requirements may increase during development, and/or unforeseen technical challenges may force the function to be delayed until a subsequent release. Additionally, QA and/or user acceptance may find critical issues with the usability of the function; this can lead to a delay in the current release or its removal from that release. In some cases, we may be forced to remove a function and/or feature just before release.
User research program
We can and do occasionally share future plans with certain customers. If you would like to help shape the future of NetX beyond just submitting ideas, we would love to hear from you! Participation in our user research program typically involves:
- Usability testing
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality
If you are interested in pursuing a deeper level of participation in NetX, please contact your Account Manager.
If you are a SaaS customer, upgrade requests can be submitted via a support ticket. When an upgrade is requested, NetX will provide the latest version for installation. We require all upgrades to be scheduled 48 hours in advance; upgrades are performed Monday to Thursday between 9 am and 6 pm PDT.
On-premise (self-hosted) customers can download the latest version here: Service Portal
If you prefer to have your site updated on a regular schedule, we offer once-a-month scheduled upgrades that occur on Thursdays at 5 pm PST. To opt-in, contact your account manager and choose a Thursday that works best for you.
All NetX upgrade releases undergo extensive automated and manual quality assurance testing in various environments.