NetX includes a number of features, modules, and integrations that help you get the most from your DAM.
- How are you handling your files today?
- What workflows can NetX help with?
- What needs to be implemented now and what should be considered for a later phase?
- What email address will be used for NetX email?
- Does IT need to get involved?
5 things to know about NetX workflows and settings
Go easy out of the gate.
To maximize user adoption, get up and running with straightforward and high-value use cases first. Roll out the bells and whistles in subsequent phases of your implementation.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Although the thought of integrating and automating workflows sounds tempting, it adds complexity that can be challenging to maintain. It helps to "live in" the new system for a while before choosing which workflows to automate. Less is more.
Handle properties with care.
NetX core functionality is largely controlled via the system properties, so be very careful not to change anything you’re not 100% sure about. We highly recommend that you consult your Onboarding Specialist prior to making any changes to system properties or advanced configurations.
You've got NetX mail.
Customize the "email from" address for outgoing system emails such as asset import or shared collection notifications. The built-in Contact form also requires an inbox destination. We recommend using a distribution or shared address on your mail server, instead of an individual's email address. Use a mailbox name that resonates with your users, like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Receive with ease.
People without upload privileges can upload files via the Upload Request form. It can be useful to configure a staging area in your folder structure to receive new assets sent via the upload request links. Folders can be permissioned for admin or power user access only to approve and catalog new assets prior to releasing them to their permanent folders.
Deduplication can be configured for ongoing imports or only for the initial ingest. Evaluate your existing repositories and your import workflows, then discuss with your Onboarding Specialist whether Duplicate Asset Detection is right for your organization.
Follow these links for info on some of our most popular workflows.
- Read about Uploading Assets.
- Use NetX I/O to manage your initial ingest or incorporate it into your asset management workflows.
- Use Upload Requests to receive files from anyone - no NetX account required.
- Store derivative or auxiliary files as attachments to an asset called Views.
- Preserve asset Versions with the check-out / check-in action.
- Custom Thumbnails let you upload an image of your choice to display as the thumbnail and preview of an asset.
- Read all about Downloading & Sharing and Repurposing Assets.
- Advanced settings for Download Options allow you to customize the download experience.
- Set up Repurpose Presets for users to generate derivatives on-the-fly.
- Collect details about the use of your assets with the Download Justification form.
- Configure the Download Approval workflow to protect sensitive assets.
- Several options are available for non-destructive and destructive Watermarking.
- Use the NetX I/O desktop app to export assets within their folder and subfolder structure.
- Ramp up your search with Visual Search.
- Add on a pretty Portal.
- Make a designer's life easier with the Adobe CC Panel or CI HUB Connector.
- Standardize layouts for print collateral with AdBuilder.
- Set up watched folder workflows with NetX I/O.
- Explore the potential of Integrations.
- See Developer Tools for API integrations.
Tips and tricks
Look for the "Advanced settings" sections in our Knowledge Base articles for details on configuration options for each feature.
When editing properties, type in the filter box to quickly find the property you need.
Upload request links should be created by a system user that will never be changed or deleted to avoid permission problems.
Save your Brand logo in an Admin folder in NetX. Use a "Notes" or "Description" text field to record decisions made regarding Branding options, like your logo, brand colors, login wallpaper, and watermarks. It's helpful for remembering who made the branding choices, when, and why.
BEFORE YOUR NEXT ONBOARDING MEETING
- Meet with your Core Team to plan and document your workflows.
- Revisit your user stories to ensure essential workflows are accounted for.
- Decide what to implement now and what to roll out in a second phase.
- Make decisions about the settings for your NetX instance.
- Be prepared to discuss your workflows and settings with your Onboarding Specialist.
BEFORE YOU IMPORT ASSETS
Certain workflows and properties need to be configured prior to your initial ingest. Check with your Onboarding Specialist before starting.