Users can create API access tokens and manage access to third-party applications in the User Profile menu, under Integrations.
Each app or token listing contains:
- What the application/token is permitted to access
- When access was first granted
Enabling API access for a user
Only users that are a member of the group specified as a value in the property below can create API tokens. API access will be limited to the user level and permissions of the user creating the token.
Specifies which user group can create API tokens.
Value options: NetX group name
Requires restart: No
Creating an API token
Other than administrators, only users that are members of the group approved for API access can create tokens.
- Click the User menu in the upper left corner and choose Integrations.
- Click the plus button to add an API token. When prompted, enter the name of the app or integration your token will be used for, and click Submit.
- Your token will be generated, then presented to you in the next dialog. Make sure you copy the token; you will never see it again after closing the window.
- To close the window, confirm Yes I saved my token.
Editing an API token
The token name can be edited by clicking the Edit button once the token's display card has been expanded.
To revoke access to a third-party application or token, click on the application name to expand the listing. Click Revoke access, then click Revoke when prompted to confirm. If your access to the API has been disabled by an administrator, you will see an option to Remove the token, which will effectively do the same thing.