Read this first!
- On-premise customers need to read Upgrading to NetX 9: On-premise Infrastructure Changes and review updates to our Supported Platforms before upgrading to NetX 9.
- If you are using our API, please contact email@example.com before upgrading to NetX 9.
- NetX I/O 3 is not compatible with NetX 9, please use NetX I/O 4 or greater with NetX 9.
- NetX 9+ releases now include Portal updates. See below for release notes that affect Portals.
- The Box integration is not yet supported in NetX 9.
November 22, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused reserved asset ID records to be included in the reported asset count
- Fixed issue that caused the logo to be missing from certain emails
November 15, 2021
- Updated UI translations
November 8, 2021
- Added support for the namespace saml2p
- Fixed an issue where video transcoding with FFmpeg would sometimes fail when asked to generate a video with an odd-numbered dimension, e.g. 1280x853. Any odd dimension(s) will now be evened by subtracting 1.
November 1, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused statistics queries to include records from outside of the specified date range.
- Fixed issue that caused asset previews to be displayed instead of thumbnails in some views.
October 25, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused unsaved changes to assets' attributes to be lost, even when the user canceled their action.
- Fixed issue that prevented audio and video previews from being played from share links with certain characters in their passwords.
- Fixed issue that prevented certain character sequences from being edited using Find and Replace.
- Fixed issue that prevented non-admins from hiding assets through the UI.
October 18, 2021
PDF page extraction is now available via a newly redesigned document viewer. Page download is subject to download approval rules.
We've redesigned the Tools > Approvals area, renaming it to Download Requests. Highlights include the ability to export request data and view which file options are included in the request.
Asset Requests have been renamed Upload Requests.
- Date-based AutoTasks now support the built-in expireDate field.
October 11, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused false errors to be logged during some Data Source Sync tasks.
- Fixed issue that prevented some Metadata Maps from being applied correctly on download.
October 4, 2021
- Refactored attribute data exports to treat asset file paths like system attributes.
September 27, 2021
If you are an on-premise customer with a custom phoenix-config.xml, please contact your account manager before upgrading to NetX 9.15.0.
- Refactored the underlying file transformation framework.
- Updated the bundled NetX Onboarding guide.
- Fixed issue that allowed thumbnails of restricted assets to appear in the Most Viewed dashboard pod.
September 20, 2021
- Fixed issue where the export attributes screen was not scrollable on shorter screens.
- Fixed issue where hovering over an Ad Builder asset presented an incorrectly sized overlay.
September 13, 2021
- Corrected spelling of custom thumbnail progress message.
- Corrected spelling of statistics bandwidth label.
September 7, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused user sessions to expire while previewing video assets.
- Fixed issue that prevented certain updates to AdBuilder customizations before they were published.
August 30, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused read-only storage locations to appear editable.
- Fixed issue that prevented updates to Portal links.
- Fixed issue that allowed non-admins to create asset requests targeting read-only folders.
- Fixed issue that prevented changes to AdBuilder customizations from being reflected in their previews.
- Fixed issue that appeared to allow edits to finalized AdBuilder customizations.
- Fixed issue that caused attribute inputs to stay populated with filter text after a value was selected.
August 23, 2021
We've given the Portal settings page a facelift, giving you more control over how attributes display in the Portal. Portal share links now support the option to include attributes.
Portal attribute display order could change in certain contexts after upgrading to this version. See more about controlling attribute order in portals here: Portal Administrator Guide.
- Fixed issue that prevented advanced search from executing correctly when attempted from an asset with unsaved changes.
- Fixed issue that allowed non-admins to attempt to delete admin users.
- Fixed issue that caused the Portal menu management interface to become unusable under certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue that caused non-clip objects to be returned from video clip searches.
- Fixed issue that allowed non-admins to attempt to drag assets into unpermitted folders.
- Fixed issue that caused the upload to folder action to be displayed on folders that couldn't be uploaded to.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from zooming certain file types in the Portal.
- Fixed issue that prevented existing video clips without values for mandatory attributes from being edited.
- Fixed issue that caused the folder tree to remain filtered after the filter was cleared.
- Fixed issue that allowed keyboard navigation to hidden Quick Edit.
- Fixed issue that caused NetX I/O to fail when it encountered certain unexpected date formats.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from modifying their profiles.
- Removed the Log pod from Tools > Statistics > System.
August 16, 2021
- Improved calculation used to determine the size of storage locations.
August 9, 2021
- Fixed issue that excluded certain download options from the logged size of a download request.
August 2, 2021
- Fixed issue where Quick Edit would hang upon receiving null values.
- Fixed issue where "Dashboard.swf" was being accessed without checking if it exists first.
July 26, 2021
- Fixed issue that prevented thumbnails from being displayed in the Approvals tab.
July 19, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused commas in asset request captions to be handled incorrectly.
- Fixed issue when certain file types were applied as custom thumbnails using an AutoTask.
July 16, 2021
New attribute permissions provide granular control over which groups can view and edit attributes on a per-attribute basis.
July 9, 2021
- Fixed issue that occasionally prevented PDF assets from being processed correctly on import.
- Fixed issue that caused some single-value attributes to include multiple values in attribute data. exports
- Fixed issue that prevented directors from deleting blocks during portal setup.
July 2, 2021
- Fixed issue that prevented externally-managed users from being disabled correctly in NetX.
June 25, 2021
- Fixed issue that prevented certain metadata maps from being applied correctly.
- Fixed issue that prevented assets from being hidden when uploading attribute data.
- Fixed issue that caused unexpected filtering of the groups table.
June 18, 2021
- Fixed issue that prevented system processes from successfully creating folders.
June 11, 2021
- Find assets that have been imported or modified by a particular user with the new User advanced search type. The importer user is also visible in the Overview tab of asset detail view.
June 4, 2021
- Upgraded portal checkbox elements for improved accessibility
- Replaced button missing from collection-sharing view in Portal
May 28, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused folder lists to be truncated in Portal
May 21, 2021
- The maximum value of search.facet.maxOptions has been increased from 100 to 1000
May 14, 2021
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text in some PDF contact sheets
- Fixed issue that caused temporary files to be written to a non-standard directory when processing iWork files
- Fixed issue that allowed users to navigate away from Grid Editor with unsaved changes
- Added missing translation for Portal button
May 7, 2021
- Video clips will no longer be created with a default name of "New clip"
- Fixed issue that caused the order of values in a tag attribute to be lost on save
- Fixed issue that caused the selection uploader to add the same asset to the selection multiple times
- Fixed issue that prevented deep linking to a specific page in a portal
- Fixed issue that caused unexpected validation errors when a Portal had SSO login enabled
- Fixed issue that caused assets to be displayed incorrectly in Portal folder assets blocks
April 30, 2021
- Added database indexes for performance improvements
- Added Vocabulary Tag support required by NetX I/O v.4.0.003
- Fixed issue in job where assets with no matching "primary" were hidden.
- Fixed issue where facets were getting dropped when an advanced search was sorted and paged.
- Group names containing commas are now supported for CSV imports
- Fixed issue where galleries were not displaying all assets after saving attribute values via the asset detail preview sidebar.
- Fixed issue that prevented scrolling within the upload window when using Safari.
- Fixed issue where sessions were not being tickled according to the user-defined/default session duration.
- Fixed issue where O.S. dark mode would override the body font in certain browsers in the share landing page.
- Fixed issue that caused NetX I/O to halt when encountering an apostrophe in the file name/path.
- Fixed issue that caused a layout error for asset detail previews.
- Fixed issue where changing a folder's parent after filtering folders would result in the UI hanging.
April 23, 2021
- As part of our progress toward WCAG 2.1 compliance, we've updated the Portal to support full keyboard navigation and screen reader compatibility.
- Updated the bundled NetX Onboarding guide.
April 16, 2021
- Updated the default NetX DAM brand color.
- Clicking a row when viewing an approval once again navigates to asset detail view.
- Fixed issue where asset original download requests were failing when authenticated using a token.
March 16, 2021
- Fixed issue where video clip attribute values were being parsed incorrectly or dropped completely.
- Fixed issue where individual files were not being removed correctly when clicking the delete button.
- Fixed issue where search would get caught in a loop if a facet was removed before the next chunk of assets loaded.
- Fixed issue where an asset request url appeared editable within the requests table.
- Fixed issue where an empty mandatory attribute pod would appear intermittently in asset detail.
- Fixed several typos in locales.
- Fixed issue where the custom login background image would appear within the app.
- Fixed issue where a share link asset preview was not hiding the details pane when no attribute values were available.
- The Tools > Review icon was corrected to reflect the rest of app.
- Fixed issue in Portal asset detail where the Back to list button was not appearing when it should.
- Fixed issue where galleries were not sorting by Smart Labels.
- Fixed issue where tab focus outlines were visually displayed in the portal.
- Fixed issue where embedded metadata was not being exported in a manual repurpose download.
- Fixed issue where the first metadata map was not being automatically marked as default.
- Fixed issue where an erroneous permission record (for admin user) was being added when creating a top-level folder.
- Fixed schema issue introduced in 9.11.1.
March 9, 2021
- Fixed issue that on rare occasions caused extracted metadata to be lost during asset import.
- Fixed issue where SAML-based users were able to use the NetX password reset system to access the system without using SAML.
- Fixed issue with deleting folder hierarchies; any sub-folders not deletable by the current user would remain as "orphans". Now, users will no longer be allowed to delete a folder unless they also have permission to delete all sub-folders.
- Caches should no longer need to be cleared before folder icons will appear in Portals when using the category.autoSetAsset property. **NOTE** the first time this feature is turned on, or to repair Portal folders with missing icons, an administrator should manually run the job com.netxposure.products.imageportal.util.SetPortalFolderThumbnailsJob
- Fixed a minor UI issue with overlapping text while sharing assets via a PDF contact sheet.
- Fixed a navigation issue while viewing Portals with web browsers on mobile devices.
- Fixed issue which allowed a user session to expire while an audio preview was playing.
- Fixed issue where admins were allowed to set a logout URL in inappropriate contexts.
- Fixed a display issue on the Attribute Profiles page when no Profiles exist.
- Fixed issue where already-past expiration dates could be set for share links.
- Fixed issue with download requests where an incorrect link was emailed to the approver.
- Fixed issue when cleaning up LDAP users deleted when user.directorySecurityPolicy is set to delete.
- The Download Updates dashboard pod is no longer supported and has been removed.
March 3, 2021
- Access Filters allow an Administrator to deny a group access to assets tagged with certain custom attribute values. They can be used in tandem with your existing permissions to fine-tune access control or help simplify a complex folder structure.
- We've redesigned Share Links from the ground up, including attribute sharing, a new card view option, improved mobile device support, and the ability to download asset derivatives individually.
- Publish assets directly to social media using our new Hootsuite integration.
- Fixed issue that allowed attribute interaction when Quick Edit was disabled
- Fixed issue in Safari 14.0.3 that caused Document Viewer to scroll unexpectedly
- Fixed issue that caused view or preset process names that included commas to fail to download
- Fixed issue where exiting Asset Detail would sometimes route the user to the Grid Editor
February 12, 2021
- Fixed issue that would prevent attribute data imports if there were duplicate values detected
- Fixed issue that would sometimes cause duplicate monthly emails to be sent
- Fixed issue with AutoTask responsible for creating views from files that have the same name on import
- Fixed issue that caused the API to be unavailable for new installations
- Fixed issue that affected new SQL Server installations
January 21, 2021
- Fixed issue that prevented the "download all" button from displaying on share links when the original asset was not included
January 18, 2021
- Share links can now be made view-only, giving recipients the ability to view assets without download access.
- Added a new index to the attribute history table to improve performance.
- Fixed issue that was displaying a mandatory attribute header even when there were no mandatory attribute; this only affected new site deploys.
- Fixed issue affecting AutoTask categoryDelete actions.
- Fixed AutoTask issue that prevented the assetViewDelete action from triggering when a group is specified.
- Fixed issue that caused AutoTasks to fail when the repurpose parameter "background" was specified.
- Fixed issue that displayed the incorrect creation date for video files with xmp:CreateDate specified.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from removing attributes from existing attribute requests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented page numbers from displaying when viewing selections in certain circumstances.
- Fixed portal issues that prevented the facet menu from expanding in certain circumstances.
- Fixed portal issue that affected hover actions on collection blocks.
- Fixed issue that prevented the login attempt threshold from being respected.
- Fixed issue that allowed invalid hex codes to be entered as a branding color.
- Fixed issue that prevented admin users from using the logout user button in certain circumstances.
- Moved tile deletion to a separate job to improve performance.
- Fixed issue that prevented the clone action in the grid editor after sorting the selection.
- Fixed incorrect display of the "checked out by" label for assets.
December 14, 2020
- All the options! Now we show you all the tag options as soon as you click into a tag, multi-select or pulldown attribute field.
- Improvements to the asset selection mechanism allow you to reliably order contact sheets.
- Fixed an issue that affected multi-node systems and could cause the storage location default to revert to the internal repository
- XSS fix that would execute HTML inside of attribute text and textarea fields in a read-only context.
November 10, 2020
- Fixed an issue with Enhanced ACLs that affected asset request forms.
November 4, 2020
- Fixed a performance issue when including asset views in download options.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes affect import of CSV values when a UTF8 BOM was included in the document.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the incorrect DPI to be listed on the asset overview.
- Fixed an issue to allow the changing of case in vocabulary names.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause AutoTask new user events to be triggered incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with metadata lookups that would sometimes cause null to be displayed as the first value.
- Fixed an issue with anchor links in portal pages.
- Fixed a display issue on the asset detail attribute tab that affected enhanced ACLs.
October 23, 2020
- Added proxy and preview support for Media Exchange Format (.mxf) files.
- Added support for the ID3:Picture tag. Embedded imagery will be added as the thumbnail and preview proxy to the asset record.
- Fixed portal issue that caused text and page numbers to be misaligned on the asset detail page.
- Fixed portal issue that caused a border to display around asset block imagery.
- Fixed portal issue that would cause related asset page numbers to disappear when playing a video preview.
- Fixed issue that would sometimes cause the gallery display to change after saving quick edit changes.
- Fixed issue that would cause the next asset pager on the asset detail page to stop working when navigating to a previously viewed asset.
- Fixed issue that would cause the gallery pager to stop responding after filtering by asset attribute.
October 13, 2020
- A massive Grid Editor update!
- Append mode now works with multi-select, and tag fields.
- Thumbnail and filename are now frozen when scrolling horizontally.
- The bulk edit sidebar now matches the Quick Edit experience.
- Snappier performance and updated styling.
- We've reduced the header size to increase the amount of visible rows.
- AdBuilder image blocks and templates are no longer limited to 30 assets, and templates can now be sorted and faceted.
- Fixed feature config version control issue that affects pre-NetX 9 upgrades
September 29, 2020
- Better, more intuitive (we think!) attribute selection when creating PDFs, managing system and user attribute sets, embedding attributes, and exporting attribute data.
- Checksums are now a system attribute and accessible in related areas of NetX and the Portal, including asset detail, gallery views, PDF contact sheets, attribute grid editor, and the API. You can even export them as a CSV! To apply these changes, assets with pre-existing checksums must be resynced after updating to 9.7.0. See Reindex Assets with Checksums for more information.
- Bulk renaming of assets via attribute data uploads.
- New API capability allows you to search system attributes and update asset records.
- Fixed an issue where existing Shared Links could not be edited.
September 9, 2020
- Fixed a portal issue that caused non-Roman characters to display in the UI.
- Fixed a portal issue that incorrectly redirected users after session-inactivity timeouts.
- Fixed an issue that displayed improperly encoded apostrophes in custom justification data.
- Fixed an issue that affected visibility of AdBuilder templates.
- Fixed an issue that caused the gallery to lose sort order when paging.
- Fixed a styling issue in the media services administration screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the folder tree to flash when navigating directly to a sub-folder via the browser's address bar.
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper use of anchor tags on portal pages.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some zip files from being appropriately named when downloading statistics queries.
- Fixed an issue that affected generation of token and asset request links in some multi-node systems.
September 1, 2020
- Fixed a bug that affected vocabularies on SQL server instances.
August 17, 2020
- Smart labels: Using machine-learning AI, NetX can automatically analyze and apply relevant metadata to image assets.
- NetX Labs is a place to explore new features that we couldn’t wait to get your feedback on. Don't hesitate to let us know your thoughts about these features in our NetX Ideas Portal.
- You can now edit attributes while previewing assets in detail view.
- We've added the ability to preview audio in share links before downloading.
- We've fixed an issue that was preventing download actions from showing up on the usage tab of the asset detail screen. The Usage tab shows a history of the last 100 actions performed during the asset's lifecycle, such as import, previews, checkins, downloads, etc.
September 1, 2020
- Fixed a bug that affected vocabularies on SQL server instances.
August 13, 2020
- Fixed an issue that prevented editing of pulldowns and multi-select attributes for instances running SQL server.
July 22, 2020
- Metadata sync now allows fuzzy matching when importing multiple values.
- Fixed a missing translation key for portal titles.
- Fixed an issue that prevented deletion of attributes associated to an attribute profile.
July 22, 2020
- We've added the ability to show and hide page titles on portal pages!
- Fixed an issue that prevented Mediarich zooms from displaying properly in the portal.
- Fixed an issue that blocked folksonomy updates on attribute vocabulary tags.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user level filter from working across pages in the user system area.
July 6, 2020
- We've simplified the management of controlled vocabularies into a central interface, including a new custom attribute type: Tag (vocabulary).
- Search facets are now collapsible in the Portal.
- Portal performance improvements and updated collection management UI.
- Added new
amazonS3.prefixproperty; all keys used when storing assets in Amazon S3 will now be prefixed with the value of the new property which defaults to an empty string.
- Statistics for asset downloads now display the asset's original filename.
- When using the (default) "optimized" logic for generating asset thumbs & previews, smaller images will have one or more of these proxies "up-sized" to a larger size.
- We now monitor the progress of ImageMagick processes, and only terminate them if they stop reporting progress. Previously, ImageMagick processes would be terminated if not completed within 2 minutes.
- Semantic attributes are now returning values when included in an asset request.
- Inactive users will no longer be notified about new results for their saved searches.
- InDesign Server: fixed NPEs, improved error handling and logging.
- Ensured everything in an attribute template delete occurs in same transaction.
- Fixed issue preventing removal of metadata mapping.
- Updated Create PDF translations.
- In asset reviews, only users with edit privileges can reply to comments.
- Attribute profiles no longer revert to the first selectable attribute on subsequent views.
- Read-only user attribute sets are now styled and scroll properly.
- Custom PDF templates are now properly displayed when configured.
- Fixed issue that prevented the user from deselecting facets.
- Fixed issue that prevented MediaRich zooms from displaying properly in the portal.
- Logging improvements.
June 2, 2020
- AdBuilder now defaults to showing embedded InDesign template content in all thumbnails and previews except for saved customizations.
- Tag suggestions now trigger after a single keystroke instead of two.
- Fixed issue that caused attributes to overflow pages on PDF contact sheets.
- Fixed issue with the property image.downloadThresholdMaxBytes that caused custom values to be increased 1000x.
- Fixed issue that caused the filter UI to disappear in the system log interface if the filter was set to "Error" when no errors were present in the logs.
- Fixed issue that caused facet values to stick around in the UI even after navigating to another search context.
- Fixed issue that prevented videos from being played on password protected share links.
- Fixed issue that caused tabbed interfaces to display simultaneously when navigating quickly.
- Fixed missing translations.
- Fixed issue in portal that caused asset blocks to disappear after navigating away and returning to a page.
- Fixed a documentation link in the upload selection UI.
- References to random generation code that wasn't really random enough.
May 13, 2020
- Export attributes now supports multiple folder paths! Paths will be restricted based on the permissions of the requesting user.
- Improved contrast and visibility of grid editor scroll bars.
- Fixed issue that resulted in the /tmp directory being removed when attempting to transcode malformed pdfs.
- Fixed hydra issue that prevented related assets from displaying properly.
- Fixed issue that prevented AdBuilder preview thumbnails from updating.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect file dimensions to be displayed.
- Fixed Review & Approval issue that caused the selected thumbnail to scroll outside of the viewable area.
- Removed references of the property "searchEngine.hiddenFilterEnabled" from the codebase after being officially deprecated with the release of NetX 8.12.
April 28, 2020
- Fixed portal issue that caused folder images to display as ???.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect user level assignment during initial SAML login.
- Fixed issue that prevented attribute values from being added to multi-selects when using the property metadata.autoAddOptionsForDataImports.
- Fixed the display of system attributes in user sets.
- Fixed issue that caused the wrong value to display for the "checked-out" user.
- Fixed issue that prevented user access to assets due to an attribute permission error.
April 22, 2020
- You can sort and filter share links! Say what?! You can sort and filter share links!
- Improved quick edit performance when working with large selections and attribute sets.
- Fixed issue that caused attributes to run onto the next page when creating PDF contact sheets.
- Removed admin restrictions on attribute calls to the API. Read/write permissions for accessing users are still required.
- Fixed Quick Edit issue that caused attribute data to duplicate when using append mode with folksonomy tags.
April 16, 2020
- Fixed issue that prevented portals from loading.
April 16, 2020
- Metadata lookups are disabled when quick edit is in append mode.
- Fixed issue that caused system attributes to disappear from attribute sets.
- Fixed issue that allowed users to continue dragging a folder after leaving edit mode.
- Fixed issue that added a delimiter to attribute fields when quick edit was in append mode.
- Fixed issue that broke the display of the "all attributes" set in quick edit when a new attribute was added to the system.
- Fixed Safari browser issue that caused attribute data to not display correctly in the system area.
- Fixed issue that prevented the creation of proxy files for .eps files in certain circumstances.
April 7, 2020
- The long anticipated return of values in the quick edit panel. Append mode is also back, and now works with tag and multi-select attributes.
- Added paging and filtering to attribute profiles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AutoTask editor to display a blank screen when cancelling an edit action.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users with viewer permission from duplicating the collection.
- Removed deprecated WebDAV implementations.
March 31, 2020
- Certain asset-related API calls now include an asset.attributes data option that returns a list of each asset’s attributes.
- Fixed issue that prevented admins from changing the minimum user level on attributes.
- Fixed issue that prevented manager-level users from changing asset filenames.
- Fixed issue that affected the AutoTask copyFromAttribute action.
- Fixed display of instructive text on the embed attributes tab when downloading assets.
- Fixed Safari issue that prevented scrollbar dragging on dashboard pods.
- Fixed issue that prevented the Save button from enabling when removing a user from a group.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from clearing advanced search rules.
- Fixed issue that was preventing the application from sending a separate email when sharing a message to participants of a collection.
March 25, 2020
- Fixed issue that prevented table creation in MySQL when the database character set was utf8mb4.
March 25, 2020
- Fixed issue that was preventing workFiles directory cleanup.
March 23, 2020
- We've optimized image processing for multi-page documents.
- We've streamlined XMP processing for reliability and performance.
- File paths now reflect filesystem locations in self-hosted environments.
- ExifTool is now being bundled with the application.
- Fixed issue that was preventing AutoTasks from triggering when checkin was used for the match criteria.
- Fixed issue that was preventing assets from being removed during an organize action.
- Fixed an API issue that was preventing subqueries from working when using the getAssetsByQuery method.
March 16, 2020
- Fixed issue that would sometimes require you to save an AdBuilder template twice before publishing.
- Fixed the translation string tooltip when hovering over the "View all" button in the selection bar.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the application from sending emails in certain configurations.
- Removed the portal version from the #system/portals page, the version can be viewed on the #system/overview page.
March 6, 2020
- Fixed issue that sometimes caused all logging to go to stdout.log for self-hosted Windows environments.
- Fixed issue that would prevent the header for the "Configured" column from showing up in the AdBuilder admin interface.
- Fixed issue that would sometimes prevent end-users from successfully downloading share links when using the "Download all" button.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from removing assets views prior to uploading if they had selected the incorrect file or had a change of heart.
- Fixed issue that would cause the asset detail view sidebar to display as collapsed for new users
February 27, 2020
- Fixed issue with de-interlacing when creating proxy videos for some video formats.
- Fixed issue that prevented email being sent for very long running tasks as long as the user session is still active.
February 26, 2020
- Added default icon styling for .ase and .psb file types.
February 25, 2020
- Fixed UI issue that was preventing MediaRich zoom tiles from displaying properly. On-premise administrators: after upgrading, you must copy the new NetX.ms script into the MediaRich installation directory as outlined in this article.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused problems retrieving attribute profile records on instances running SQL Server.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused search facets to be maintained when switching between collections. Search facets now reset when you switch from one collection to another.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused the fallback audio player to prompt for unsaved changes when navigating away from the asset detail regardless if there were changes or not.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue affecting Safari that caused data to overlap when editing metadata mapping.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that would occasionally make it impossible to re-run selection actions if the workflow was cancelled before execution of the action. In this use case if you chose to "organize" assets and cancelled out of the workflow prior to executing the organization action.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that affected the image editor when "free" editing the aspect and providing a height the width would also update.
February 24, 2020
- Fixed issue that would prevent the cancel and apply buttons from displaying when editing the watermark settings of a saved preset process.
February 10, 2020
- Fixed an issue that affected self-hosted SQL Server installs when upgrading from NetX 8.11.x or earlier to NetX 9.x.x
February 3, 2020
- Added no value and any value criteria to advanced attribute search.
- A new ID sequence checker validates the health of database tables.
- When downloading, NetX now appends a numerical suffix to avoid filename collisions on case-insensitive operating systems.
- Updated a few language translations.
- NetX now returns an error if you try to delete a storage location that contains assets. That's a good thing, right?
- If a Portal page is created without choosing a template, it will automatically use Template 1.
- We removed a superfluous OK button on the attribute upload warning confirmation dialog.
Fixed issue that was preventing storage location creation.
Manager-level accounts are no longer able to access the Statistics page.
Portal name and Portal url can be once again be edited independently.
Fixed an issue that occasionally affected the order of operations in repurpose presets.
Video playback now tickles the user session to prevent session timeout.
We've added an index on the exogen_cart_link.asset_id table to fix slow indexing issues in certain cases.
Attempts to repurpose audio files no longer trigger a "getProgressReport" error.
Fixed an issue that caused the allocation of duplicate database keys in new installations.
Fixed an issue that prevented periodic AutoTasks from running because they were being flagged as "redundant".
Email template logo URLs are now based on the netx.root property instead of sys.url; this should fix some cases where it was not displaying in email clients.
AutoTask date event type task matching fixed so that multiple date tasks will work properly.
Data Source Sync's setvalue command now works properly.
Fixed an issue that blocked repurpose actions on selections over 40 assets. The UI no longer checks the status of assets before allowing repurpose.
Byte size formatting is now more readable in logs.
NetX better accounts for legacy handling of drive letters when reading paths from the database.
For extracting image dimensions from embedded metadata, tiff:ImageWidth and tiff:ImageLength are preferred over exif:PixelXDimension and exif:PixelYDimension if both are set. This fixes an issue where Height and Width were being reported incorrectly in certain cases.
Apostrophes in group names are correctly decoded.
Tag values that contain an apostrophe no longer create duplicate attribute records when updated via CSV.
In Safari, asset gallery headers no longer flicker when scrolled.
The video player's play button now displays properly between play and pause states.
The metadata lookup key icon now displays properly for pulldown attributes.
Required select elements in custom forms are now...required.
Adbuilder template edit page now shows the correct title.
The NetX loading animation now displays properly in certain version of Safari
The video clip editor is no longer broken in certain browser versions.
Attribute profile footer controls no longer overlap.
Fixed issue that caused scrolling to lock up in the gallery and table list views.
Fixed an issue where Portal asset blocks were not saving or displaying.
Fixed an issue that prevented contributors and viewers from accessing menus in Reviews.
Users now receive an unsaved change warning for tag attributes when editing a single asset.
Instead of saving your AdBuilder templates twice now you only have to save them once!
Upload request forms now upload to the default storage location.
Dashes in Portal names are allowed again.
Running a system reindex no longer throws an error.
Metadata lookup autofill no longer fails.
Fixed an issue that prevented a collection contributor from removing assets.
In Between date searches for custom attributes in advanced search are no longer broken.
Fixed an issue that caused Portal menu items to duplicate when creating new Portal pages.
Video clip tag attribute values that contain commas now display properly.
Fixed issue that caused cached assets to reappear after performing an Organize > Remove action.
The video clip editor now retains correct times when switching between clips.
Fixed issue that caused attribute data import jobs to hang in the job queue and prevent further attribute data import attempts.
- When downloading attribute data and creating a custom set, the download button stays disabled until you add an attribute.
November 13, 2019
- We’ve dramatically improved video preview quality, including optional deinterlacing support. After upgrading to this release, existing videos can be resynced to generate the new preview.
- SaaS customers: generating improved previews for existing videos may increase site storage and could impact your subscription billing. Contact your account manager for more information.
- On-premise customers: this requires a new version of FFmpeg/FFprobe. See Supported Transcoding Engines for more details.
- Want to save a search that returns zero results? Now you can! Useful for checking new uploads or verifying attribute values. Bonus points: Set up a notification and receive email when your search finds a match.
- Through batch ID allocation, we've reduced the number of database queries required to insert a new row. This should help eliminate pesky deadlocks and improve overall application performance.
- Implemented stack trace logging in classes called from NetX I/O; now our bug detectives can quickly figure out whodunit.
November 7, 2019
- Added pagination in AdBuilder template list.
- Added pagination in reviews list.
- Updated included Onboarding.pdf to newest version.
- Apostrophes in tag values no longer create duplicate records when updating via CSV.
- Table column resizing CSS rule no longer breaks table scrolling.
- Fixed issue that occurred when navigating between categories in quick succession.
- Corrected issue that was preventing share link creation for folders.
- Fixed video clip editor issue that was causing values to disappear on save.
- Portal is now correctly parsing tag values containing apostrophes.
- Portal no longer showing "view asset" button on CMS asset blocks when the user does not have permission to see the asset.
October 22, 2019
- Grid editor no longer throws "setAssetAttributes" error when editing a faceted attribute.
- Fixed issue that prevented the gallery thumbnail size slider from being displayed in Firefox.
October 17, 2019
- Datasets tool now respects the dataManager.minUserLevel property.
- Updated various translations.
- Fixed support for UNC paths in storage location definitions.
- Fixed an issue where metadata exports containing folder path were intermittently incomplete.
- Replaced broken logo URL in public link email.
- Fixed issue that would cause the description attribute to appear twice in attribute pulldown menus in the gallery.
- Fixed issue that would sometimes prevent the folder pane from opening for certain users.
- Datasets tool now respects the dataManager.minUserLevel property.
October 4, 2019
- When using the "Share with Team" feature on a NetX Portal, links in the resulting emails now launch the Portal (as long as the sender/sharer logged in via the Portal, not the app).
- Fixed an issue where updating other asset properties would remove an asset's expiration date.
- When resyncing an asset (or otherwise replacing an asset view with a new file), the view's creation date will now update properly.
- Updated the getExogenPropertyDetails API method to provide more detailed version information from the new artifact.properties properties artifact, compatible with the new build system.
- Apostrophes in collection titles are now properly unescaped in email subjects.
- Asset detail embedded metadata tables now scroll instead of overlapping.
- Fixed a CSS bug for specific versions of Chrome that caused the first row of results to display under the facets and header controls.
- Fixed issue that caused errors if any item with a checkbox was disabled.
September 27, 2019
- To facilitate cleanup when using MediaRich zoom support, cached assets are now stored in a "netx" subfolder of Equilibrium's "MediaCache" folder.
- Portals have been upgraded to Clean 1.10.
- Fixed issue that would cause an error and prevent shared links from being returned when a cart reference was missing.
- Updated application logic to delete tmp files left behind by
- InDesign documents/layouts will now be imported faster, with more consistent preview quality.
September 10, 2019
NetX 9.0.0 delivers better accessibility, branding, performance and stability to your sites. Here are a few highlights:
- UI redesign: We’ve adopted Google’s Material Design system in the NetX interface, which allows us to provide an accessible, customizable, and consistent user experience throughout the application. By implementing an established standard, we can spend less time on minor design decisions and more time improving application functionality.
- Interface customization: In addition to custom logos, we now support custom color schemes and login screen backgrounds in the NetX interface. Custom logos are now supported in emails as well.
- Dark theme: Users can now enable a dark UI color theme to reduce eye strain.
- Visual search*: Users can now search for assets by dominant color -- by selecting Color as the basic search type -- or by visual similarity -- by selecting the Find assets like this action on an image asset. *This is an add-on module, please contact your account manager for purchase inquiries.
- Attribute profiles: An attribute profile is a set of attribute value updates. If you link an attribute profile to a folder (from the Edit folder action on a folder), that set of attribute value updates will be applied whenever an asset is imported, moved, or added to the folder.
Storage system redesign: We no longer move an asset’s file on the file system to reflect changes to the asset’s folder membership in NetX. This improves the performance and reliability of workflows that depend on Move reorganize actions.
Prioritized indexing queue: Updates to search index data are now processed in priority order, with higher priority given to actions that are critical to application functionality (e.g., new imports or changes to folder membership).
You spoke up, we listened! We've shipped these ideas in NetX 9:
- "0 assets" message is no longer displayed when performing a search.
- Folder size calculation is back!
- Users are now properly redirected to asset URLs after logging in.
- Ordering buttons are more consistent throughout the UI.
- The gallery actions menu icon has been changed to a button that's much easier to see.
- Attribute profiles have replaced the functionality of the legacy Category Metadata feature, and the profiles can be configured in HTML5.
- Asset ID searches can now be performed in the basic search bar. This is controlled via the image.simpleAssetIdSearchEnabled property.
- The login screen has been redesigned so that users can easily differentiate between local NetX account login and SSO login.
- In asset detail view, file info has been merged into the Overview tab.
- The pdf.launchStandard property is now supported in HTML5.
- Dataset management has been improved; users can no longer delete datasets that are referenced in an asset's attribute values. A tag value can only be updated through the dataset management UI. If the value is changed and re-uploaded as part of a Replace dataset action, NetX will interpret it as a request to Delete the old value and Add the new value.
Additional improvements and bugfixes
- The Solr search engine has been upgraded to version 7, bringing improved performance and reliability to our search platform.
- Statistics and Notifications have been moved into the Tools menu, now located on the left-side navigation bar and main menu.
- Only administrators can lock/unlock assets.
- Added support for LibreOffice/OpenOffice document (ODT) and spreadsheet (ODS) formats.
review.approval.requireAll now defaults to false.
- Portals now only have one color.
- When creating a PDF, there are no default attributes chosen for you.
- The UI now gives feedback when uploads are attempted with illegal characters. A link to documentation has been added.
- Video preview on asset now detail fixed height to help preview fill the container.
- System views derived from an asset original (previewXMP, previewPDF, etc) are now deleted if the asset is reimported.
- An asset's constituents are now deleted if the asset is reimported.
- An asset's file-specific data is now reset if the asset is reimported.
- Upon upgrade to 9, a netx_file record is created for every non-placeholder image in the database.
- dedup.log (from LinkDuplicatesJob), if it exists, will now be included when downloading system logs.
- Fixed a regression in 8.12 which prevented some embedded metadata from being read on import.
- For (non-AutoTask) repurpose jobs, we now always ensure that any "rotate" operation occurs first, followed by "crop", and then any other requested operations.
- Fixed intermittent failure to generate MD5 checksums for some imported assets.
- The GhostScript plugin now respects the "crop box" when extracting pages from PDFs.
- Updated to Adobe XMPCore Toolkit v.5.1.3.
- Some improvements have been made to the OpenOffice/LibreOffice plugin.
- Repurpose presets are now stored in simple XML (preset_process table).
- If system.email.globalFromAddress is set to a valid email address, the "From" header for all emails sent by the NetX server will be set to this value.
- Report problems to UI when a selection of assets is resynced, and any of the assets were checked-out, archived (on Glacier), or being imported/separately resynced.
- Improved the performance of the page count calculation when indexing an asset with many pages.
- Some issues were resolved related to importing TIFF images with transparent/alpha layers; Imports of large TIFFs should complete more quickly (if using ImageMagick from 2013 or newer).
- user.directory_auto_create_groups now defaults to false if not set.
- Adjusted the calculation of Image#status to more accurately represent the current state of assets stored externally.
- Improved logging throughout the YouTube integration.
- Minor SAML logging improvement; eliminated sso.log (all SAML logging was going to exogen.log anyway).
- When a video clip is edited, the keyframe will only be regenerated if the time range has been changed.
- Non-zero exit codes from ExifTool processes won't be considered failures; success will be judged on whether the desired output was produced. This will improve XMP extraction support for some files.
- Support for removing "bad" XMP tags, as found in the "photoshop:DocumentAncestors" tag-bloat phenomenon, was fixed.
- FFmpeg processes will no longer be terminated a fixed time (default 1hr) after starting; ongoing processes will now be allowed to continue so long as the process doesn't stall. This fixes issues importing very large videos.
- When using the FFmpeg engine to generate H.264 derivatives from a source which uses YUV422 chroma sub-sampling, we will always re-encode to YUV420, since most end-user video players can't play YUV422 content.
- Problems with destructive video watermarking (via AutoTask) using FFmpeg have been fixed.
- Keyframes from imported videos are now resized using ImageMagick (when available), resulting in higher image quality.
- Update asset preview dimensions (width, height) when choosing an alternate page as the preview for an INDD or other paged asset. Previously this was only done for PDFs.
- During asset import, attribute values are now applied in the following order:
- Default values on attribute templates
- Values entered by importing user
- Destination folder's attribute profile
- Fields mapped via metadata sync
- Attribute updates as part of AutoTasks fired on import.
- Updated Drew Noakes' metadata-extractor to 2.11.0.
- Since we now require ImageMagick 6.9.9+, code that relied on old, slow features of ImageMagick Identify have been replaced with more modern, streamlined logic. Image imports should be faster for some customers.
- Improved messaging for failed asset checkin requests.
- NetX I/O will no longer retry failed importAsset() requests.
- An asset's Relationships tab may display 0 results, depending on the current user's level of access to the linked assets.
- The performance of txt file content indexing has been improved.
- Allow Directors to change the branding colors and the login screen background image.
- Change column header of User CSV import/export from Fax to Cellphone for the cell phone field.
- The Contact form in NetX is no longer visible if email.mailto.rcpt_to is not configured.
Deprecated as of NetX 9.0.0
The following features are deprecated as of this release:
- Roundtrip/export metadata sync has been removed. The system will drop the export portion of any pre-existing roundtrip mappings configured on upgrade. Export-only mappings will be deleted.
- The Configurator has been removed. Customers will need to follow manual instructions to configure NetX during new installs.
- The Remember me checkbox has been removed from the login screen.
- The legacy Box integration is incompatible with this release.
- category.metadataEnabled is no longer supported, this functionality has been replaced by Attribute Profiles
- The legacy Location Sync implementation has been removed as it is incompatible with the refactored storage module.
- Custom Solr synonyms.txt files will have to be manually backed up and restored during each upgrade. Synonyms-custom.txt is no longer a supported filename.
- The replication feature has been deprecated.
- The log.log_notify property has been deprecated; use log.notify_level instead.
- Datasets no longer display XML Feed column.
- The following location types are no longer supported:
- HTTP URL
- Microsoft Azure Blob
- image.delete_lost_assets is no longer a supported property.
- Import-from-email functionality has been removed. The following properties are no longer supported:
- Imports using reserved asset IDs are no longer supported. The following related RPC methods have been removed:
- The engine.processFailRetryCount property is no longer supported. If it is set to a non-zero value, a warning will be logged.
- Data Source Sync no longer updates category metadata, since that system has been removed.
- Removed old developer javadocs.
- Removed unused indexingQueue.log.