If you are using a touchscreen computer such as a Microsoft Surface, default browser settings might result in unexpected behavior. Please see the instructions below if you are having trouble with the following operations in NetX:
- Hidden UI functionality due to mobile device incompatibility
- Dragging a box around assets to select them
- Dragging assets to folders
- Dragging the edges of a pane to resize it
These issues occur if touch event support is enabled in the browser. Touch events must be disabled for NetX to function correctly when used on a touchscreen computer.
How to Disable Touch Events
- Open a Chrome browser window.
- Go to Chrome's experiments page by typing chrome://flags in the address bar and hitting Enter.
- Search for Touch UI Layout
- Change the Touch UI Layout setting to Disabled.
- Close all Chrome windows and relaunch.
- Open a Firefox browser window
- Type about:config into the address bar and hit Enter.
- Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button and locate the dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled" setting.
- Set the value to 0 to disable touch events.
- Close all Firefox windows and relaunch.