If anonymous access is enabled, the NetX login screen will be completely disabled and users will not be able to log in individually. Due to the lack of unique login sessions, collection actions will also be disabled.
Creating a public user
- Navigate to the Users tab of the Systems area.
- Use the upper-left plus icon to begin user creation. For more detailed information regarding user management, see managing users.
- Fill out all required fields (see below).
- Save your new user.
User creation form
- First name / Last name: Give your user a first and last name. This name should be identifiable as the public user, but a particular name is not required.
- Email: An email address is required.
- Username: The username must be publicuser.
- Password / Confirm password: Give your user a password, then confirm the password on the line below.
- User level: Assign a user level.
Keep in mind which actions you would like your public user to have access to and assign a user level accordingly. Generally, a public user is either a browser – meaning they can navigate the portal and view assets but cannot perform any actions on portal assets – or a consumer, meaning they can view and download any portal assets.
Granting permissions to the public user
In addition to granting the public user permission to view the named folders in your portal's settings, be sure to grant the public user permission to view any other asset content including fonts, carousels, logos, watermarks, favicons, individual assets, and folder or collection galleries.
As a public user is created and managed like any other user, it must be granted explicit permission to view any asset content in your portal. For more information regarding permissions setup, see managing permissions.
- Navigate to the Permissions tab of the Systems area.
- Click the upper-left plus icon to create a new permission entry.
- Assign the principal of the permission to the public user; alternately, you can choose a group the public user is included in, or every user of your site.
- Grant permission to the folder or specific asset your public user needs access to. You can combine multiple permission entries if your portal resources are split amongst multiple folders, though a single portal folder structure is highly recommended for simplicity and application performance. Select the recursive checkbox if you would like the permission to affect all subfolders.
- Save your new permission.
Enabling anonymous access
Configuring a portal for anonymous access involves two steps: setting a property and disabling the Require login setting in the portal configuration page.
When set to the public user's username (publicuser), this property will grant anonymous access to any portal with Require login disabled. If this property is not properly configured, anonymous access to your portal will be disabled. Your public user must be created before setting this property.
Value options: publicuser
Requires restart? No
Disabling Require login
- Navigate to your portal's Settings tab.
- Uncheck the Require login box underneath the General settings pod. If the viewer.userLogin property is not set, or is set incorrectly, this checkbox will be disabled.
- A notification dialogue will appear; click Apply.
- Save your change.