This guide provides instructions on how to install the NetX I/O desktop application. For more information on how to configure and use NetX I/O, see the NetX I/O 4 User Guide. If you would like to run NetX I/O in CLI mode (headless), please see NetX I/O 4 CLI.
NetX I/O is supported on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux operating systems. If you wish to use NetX I/O on Linux, you must install the NetX I/O CLI version: see NetX I/O 4 CLI.
The version indicated for use in NetX I/O's Help tab and the version of your NetX instance must match. NetX I/O 4 requires a NetX version of 9.
- To begin the installation, download the latest Mac OS installer from the Service Portal.
- Once you have downloaded the .pkg file, simply double-click to open and follow the prompts in the wizard to begin the installation:
- Once the installation has completed, click Close. You can now go into your Applications folder and double-click on NetxIO to launch the application.
NetX I/O requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to be installed in the environment that you want to run NetX I/O in. For instructions on how to obtain this package, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.
- To begin the installation, download the latest release of the NetX I/O Windows application from the Service Portal.
- You will want to run the installer as an account with administrative privileges on your machine. Double-click the .exe file to begin.
- After the install wizard appears, you will be prompted to choose the installation location, if desired. Click Next to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, the NetX I/O application will automatically open. A shortcut will be placed on the desktop for future access.
Upgrading NetX I/O
Mac OS: Repeat the installation process shown above.
Windows: Download the new installer and run it. It will upgrade the previous version automatically.