Searches that are performed often can be saved for quick access. Saved searches can be shared internally with other NetX users on your team and email notifications can be configured to alert you when new assets have been added that meet your saved search criteria.
Creating a saved search
- Perform a search (only keyword and advanced searches can be saved)
- When results are shown, use the gallery action menu and select Save search.
- Give your search a name as well as a notification preference — you will not be able to change these later. Notification emails can be sent as soon as possible, daily, weekly, or never. Note: only the creator of the saved search will receive notifications if this option is configured.
- Click Save when finished.
Viewing saved searches
Saved searches can be accessed via the search icon in the navigational sidebar.
- Selecting View all at the bottom of the sidebar takes you to a full gallery of all saved searches your user has access to. From here you can manage your searches including favoriting, sharing, and deleting (depending on your user role).
- Searches can be viewed as a card gallery or in a list.
- Selecting a saved search will load search results into the asset gallery.
Favoriting saved searches
- Only favorited searches will appear in the saved search sidebar.
- Saved searches you create will be favorited automatically, while searches which have been shared with you will need to be manually favorited. To do so, either use the View all searches from the foot of the sidebar or the action menu button which accompanies each search in the sidebar. Toggle your favorites with the staricon.
Sharing a saved search
Saved searches can be shared with other NetX users via custom roles that allow you to control which actions can be performed by these users.
Administrator users are subject to role restrictions while using collections shared with them from other users. This means even if a browser were to share a collection with an administrator as a viewer, that administrator would still only be able to access that collection as a viewer with all attendant restrictions.
When sharing a saved search, you can assign participant roles that grant certain privileges to the saved search object itself. These roles are not related to user levels and are subject to standard asset permissions — even if a user is given a participant role (such as manager), they will not be able to view assets they have not been granted permission to access.
- Viewers: Viewers can view the saved search in question, but cannot delete the search or share it with other NetX users.
- Contributors: Contributors can view the saved search's contents. They cannot edit participants and their roles, nor delete the saved search.
- Managers: Managers can view a saved search's contents, add or edit any participants and their roles, and delete it from the system. When you create a saved search, you will automatically be given a manager role. Note that all shared saved searches require at least one manager. If the only user account with a manager role is deleted from the system, the saved search will still be accessible by those it was shared with, but can no longer be managed.
Sharing with a team
Saved searches that were set to Public in previous versions of NetX will become shared with all users at a Viewer level after upgrade to version 8.12.
To share your search with other users, initiate a share action on a saved search you have manager-level access to.
- Use the icon which accompanies the search you would like to share in the navigational sidebar, or the icon which appears while viewing all saved searches. Select Share with team.
- Use the drop-downs and input box to assign a role, select your principal (user, group, or all users), as well as selecting the target user or group. Each addition will take place immediately, even if you have not clicked Done.
- Every role can be edited once it has been assigned with the Participant column dropdown, or deleted with the action menu icon.
- Once you are finished, click Done. Note that permissions are cumulative; if a user is given multiple roles – either explicitly or as a group or all users – the most permissive role will take precedence.
Users will be automatically emailed about their new shared search. You can also check Share message to participants; this will allow you to include a custom message to new users of the saved search.
Saved search actions
There are actions which can be performed on a saved search as a whole; these are accessible via the gallery actions menu. Note that the actions available to your user will be dependent on your user level and role assigned for that saved search.
- Add all to selection: Begins a selection using the contents of your gallery.
- Download: Downloads the contents of the saved search. Any user role can perform this action.
- Create PDF: Creates a PDF of all the assets in the saved search. Any user role can perform this action.
- Share: Allows you to share the saved search with other NetX users or create a share link to the saved search. Any user role can create a share link, but only managers can internally share the saved search.
- Delete search - Deletes the saved search from the system. You can also use the trash icon on a search tile to delete the search.